Is Avast Safezone Browser Safe?
Avast SafeZone Browser is a Chromium-based web browser that was launched under the program of Avast. However, the company ceased the distribution of the Avast SafeZone browser from September 2017, and the new version was introduced in April 2018 with the update to the older version. They have named the latest release as “Avast Secure Browser,” which has improved security along with some new characteristics.
The users who have already installed the Avast SafeZone browser on their systems got all the features like an automatic update.
The previous version was seized because of a defect in the Avast’s security-focused SafeZone browser. The fault could allow a malicious site to scan saved passwords, cookies, and local files.
The Avast SafeZone Browser, which is now named as Avast Secure Browser, is available for free download on the Windows operating system. It is also available with the paid antivirus products of Avast. In the Avast Secure Browser, the earlier features are maintained; however, there is an added section of the Security & Privacy Center. Through this console, you can control the priority according to your need and could choose which tools to use.
Avast Secure Browser can work alongside the other browsers. This browser focuses on security, privacy, and speed.
Where many of the people believe in using the secure browser, there are still some people who question the authenticity of such browsers. They think that these are used to get the user’s sensitive information. However, the Avast Company declares that they have redesigned their previous version to patch the security holes.
Also, the features of such as HTTPS Encryption, stealth mode, anti-tracking, and anti-fingerprinting are added after the flow. It reveals that 69 percent of UK customers believe that the standard private-browsing methods will anonymize their identity.
Security Features of Avast SafeZone Browser:
There are some new highlights in addition to the previous one, and a few are default enabled. You can change the settings by reaching the menu icon, which is given by the three dots at the top-right edge. Here you can approve or disprove add-ons according to your decision.
The features of Avast Secure Browser are different from regular browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, etc. These features are mostly security and privacy-focused. Here is a shortlist of those features;
- Adblocker – this is an extension that helps to restrict interfering ads of different third-party advertisers on internet websites. It helps in gaining the browsing speed and also prevents the warning of private data tracking. Adblock is default enabled, which you can switch from security &Privacy Center.
- Password Manager – it enables you to select the password manager of your personal choice. Through making this option activated, you can store the passwords in one location, and you have to remember the original password.
- Anti-Phishing – when you are surveying the websites, the anti-phishing feature keeps you safe from phishing struggles from malicious sources. It serves to block these websites or files even before you visit or download them.
- Anti-Fingerprinting – the browser fingerprinting is adopted by many websites to trace your web activities. These browser fingerprints are the unique browser configuration, which remains unknown with the help of Avast’s anti-fingerprinting characteristic.
- Stealth Mode – this style could also be known as Incognito or Private Mode, which stops the storage of browsing history. It is helpful for individuals who want to keep their browsing activities secret.
- HTTPS Encryption – this feature guarantees that the sites which have the reliable version of HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) could only be visited to prevent the chances of hidden.
- Secure Line VPN – it is an added opportunity with the Avast Security browser that gives you the advantage of VPN features. Secure Line VPN transfers your internet traffic through an encryption tube so that your data becomes safe, and nobody could identify it. The VPN also makes your connection secure when you are connected to public Wi-Fi.
- Privacy Cleaner – the regular browsers favor to store browsing data in the form of cached images or cookies. However, Avast’s Privacy Cleaner removes your browsing history and other data storing references.
- Extension Guard – this prevents the installation of unsafe and unauthentic extensions and only allows the trusted extensions in the Avast Secure Browser.
- Flash Protect – it restricts the flash-based content to run on your computer unless you allow it yourself. This feature is offered because the flashed based content risks the network to security vulnerabilities and also use huge data range and battery.
- Bank Mode – this is the older specialty and is also present in the renewed version. You can open up this mode when trading with banking or maybe shopping websites so that nobody could access your extremely personal data.
- Video Downloader – this is a viral feature and gives extreme comfort when you want to download videos from famous video channels such as Dailymotion, Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- Anti-Tracking- The anti-tracking feature blocks websites, marketing companies, and other third-party networks from tracking your online activities.
These settings are adjustable through the browser settings.